Use this first tuesday FARM Letter in your marketing. To request a FARM letter topic, or to see a list of all our FARM letter templates, visit our FARM Letter page.
Swimming pools are great for cooling off in the summer heat, but make sure your pool is safe by installing one or more of the following:
Safety covers. Either manual or motorized, covers are placed over the water’s surface when the pool is not in use. Ensure the cover:
- fully covers the surface of the pool;
- can withstand the weight of a child and two adults in case someone falls and needs to be helped off; and
- allows for easy and quick removal to respond to emergencies.
Pool fences. Barriers and fences entirely surround a pool to ensure children do not have access. For maximum safety, be sure the fence:
- does not contain vertical bars more than four inches apart;
- is at least four feet tall;
- does not have footholds or handholds that may be used for climbing;
- features a self-closing and self-latching child-proof gate; and
- is clear of any objects, such as chairs or tables, that may be used to climb over it.
Alarms. Installing alarms on a pool ensures adults are alerted when water in the pool is displaced. Effective alarms:
- sound for at least 30 seconds and begin within seven seconds of being triggered;
- are loud enough to be heard throughout the home – at least 85 decibels;
- emit an alarm sound distinct from other sounds in the home (e.g. telephone or doorbell); and
- contain an automatic reset feature and deactivation that cannot be located by children.
Have a safe summer and if you’re ready to dive into selling your home, give me a call!