Use this first tuesday FARM Letter in your marketing. To request a FARM letter topic, or to see a list of all our FARM letter templates, visit our FARM Letter page.
Check out these tips for smooth filing:
- File online. Homeowners earning $64,000 or less per year may file for free using an online system like the IRS FreeFile.
- Claim credits. If you earned $53,930 or less in 2016, you may be eligible for an earned income tax credit of up to $6,318.
- Ask for help. For federal tax help, use the IRS self-help resources. For help with your state taxes, live chat with a representative from the Franchise Tax Board.
- File anyway. File your taxes even if you can’t make the full payment on time. Penalties for late payments may cost you up to 0.5% of your overdue tax bill every month past the deadline.
- Apply for extension. Submit a tax extension form (IRS Form 4868) to the IRS by mail or online. Note: Your payment will still be due on April 15, although you may receive up to six months’ extension for filing.
- Double-check. Review your documents for incorrect information or mathematical errors. Common mistakes include incorrect Social Security numbers and calculations.
Looking to buy or sell a home? Call me today!