Use this first tuesday FARM Letter in your marketing. To request a FARM letter topic, or to see a list of all our FARM letter templates, visit our FARM Letter page.
These ten easy fixes will only take you an hour or less!
- Change the filters in your appliances. Air conditioning units, furnaces and refrigerators all use filters, which need to be replaced every 2-3 months.
- Clear all the drains in your home. Use a drain snake to retrieve hair from your shower and bathroom sinks. For your kitchen sink, run cold water and a tray of ice cubes through your garbage disposal to sharpen the blades and clear congestion.
- Lubricate door hinges with WD-40 to reduce squeaking and sticking.
- Go through the house and replace any burnt-out or inefficient lightbulbs. Wipe glass lighting fixtures clean for a clearer glow.
- Vacuum the exhaust ducts behind your clothes dryer and the coils under or behind your refrigerator.
- Fill holes from thumbtacks or nails with spackle. Cover the spackle with a little paint to match the walls.
- Check and repair any old or insufficient window sealant. Scrape out old window caulking with a box cutter and replace it with fresh sealant.
- Reinforce your home against insect invaders. Use a mild insect spray around the outside edges of your house and windows. Set ant traps in the back corners of cabinets and behind appliances.
- Polish your wooden furniture and fixtures.
- Test your smoke alarms and replace batteries if the alarms aren’t functioning properly. Even if they work, replace alarm batteries every 6 months.
Keep in mind, these are small fixes. Always hire a professional for significant tasks.
Call me today if you’re ready to sell!