The delinquency rate on student loans is soaring.Read More
Author: Greg Huitrado
Short sales don’t need another stumbling block. However, an increasing number of short sales are...Read More
Agents need data to take better advantage of their innate optimism. Thankfully, more data has arrived!Read More
first tuesday recently had the opportunity to interview Wayne Bell, California’s new Real Estate Commissioner about his appointment and the future of the Department of Real Estate (DRE). We also posed several reader questions, chosen from the tremendous number of inquiries sent to us. Thanks for participating! If you enjoyed this feature, please let us know in the comments.Read More
Pinning the increasing wealth of renters to a change in consumer preferences is the wishful thinking of landlords and property managers. The fact of the matter is the mass defaults of the financial crisis forced owners out of their homes and into rentals. And now, the return to mortgage lending fundamentals is keeping them there, for the time being.Read More
Most Popular This Week
- Selling to an investor versus an owner-occupant buyer 881 views
- California lawmakers bulldoze promising housing bill 528 views
- California home sales volume lays low 376 views
- Using the yield spread to forecast recessions and recoveries 326 views
- Orange County housing indicators 290 views
- Mortgage lenders call for big changes at the CFPB 272 views
Check out our previous polls here.
- George West I once knew a buyer that just wanted to tie up the property with a sale contract, then twist the seller's arm later. He would... – Selling to an investor versus an owner-occupant buyer
- DAVID BLAKE Seller beware: Many "cash buyers" play the purchase offer game. "Just get them in contract" game. There's not am earnest buyer. The "proof of funds"... – Selling to an investor versus an owner-occupant buyer
- Duke Ashwood Curious if the slow down in China is factored into these numbers. There are huge swaths of Irvine that are nearly 100% Chinese nationals purchasing... – Orange County housing indicators
- Gloria Working in San Diego, speaking to hundreds of people every year about real estate, I have met one person who didn’t care about profit over... – Zillow, Redfin test out full-service model
- Dennis Nice article! – The CalBRE mortgage business activity report
- David rissi Thank you for the article on Redfin and Zillow. I just finished getting my California Real Estate License, CE 45 hour course and was wondering... – Zillow, Redfin test out full-service model
Zestimates are great conversation starters with sellers and buyers. Zillow has done more for our bottom line than NAR ever has or will. Don’t fight the current of the river, learn to run with it. Disruption is inevitable in any industry that is fragmented or inefficient. Granted, it does feel like armchair experts and platforms are plentiful in real estate these days, but when the tide rolls out we will see the value proposition of the truest professionals in this industry shine once again.
– Justin Bonney, on Zillow’s impact on the real estate industry
Get real estate news straight to your email.