Use this first tuesday FARM Letter in your marketing. To request a FARM letter topic, or to see a list of all our FARM letter templates, visit our FARM Letter page.
Congratulations on your new home! Here are some tips for setting up and settling in for you and your family.
- Pack your necessities in one place. Keep important documents and necessary items packed in one place separate from the rest of your things to ensure they stay safe and accessible in the transition.
- Change your address. The United States Postal Service allows you to change your address easily on their website. Don’t forget to also change it with your bank, auto insurance company and voter registration.
- Get the basic moving supplies. Purchase a basic toolbox and stock up on cleaning supplies to make any quick fixes before you unpack.
- Set up utility services. Contact your cable and utility providers to set up service at your new address.
- Learn the neighborhood routine. Check the trash and recycling schedule for your new neighborhood. Review any Homeowners’ Association (HOA) guidelines to familiarize yourself with your new routine.
- Unpack the kids first. Start with your kids’ rooms so they have something familiar to help them acclimate to their new home. They’ll also have things to do when you unpack the rest of the house.
- Meet the neighbors. Introduce your family to the folks in your neighborhood. Bring a fun treat, like cookies, to leave a good impression.
- Celebrate! Give yourself some time to relax after unpacking — then throw a party! Housewarming gifts and familiar faces will make your new house feel like home.
If you have friends or family looking for a new home too, give me a call today!