Use this first tuesday FARM Letter in your marketing. To request a FARM letter topic, or to see a list of all our FARM letter templates, visit our FARM Letter page.
Children and babies are curious by nature. Here are some tips to keep your little loved ones protected from household hazards.
- Secure the accessible — Install latches to prevent children from getting into ovens, washing machines, dryers, cabinets or drawers with hazardous objects.
- Lock up harmful products — Keep cleaning products, household tools and medicines out of reach.
- Avoid shock risk — Cover all power outlets within reach of your child with covers or plugs they cannot remove.
- Prevent choking hazards — Put anything small enough to fit through a toilet paper roll away and out of reach.
- Eliminate standing water — Use toilet-lid locks and don’t leave water in bathtubs or buckets.
- Use safety gates — Strategically place gates to keep children away from stairs, the kitchen and other areas. Make sure gates are up to date with safety standards. Avoid v-shaped gates that can entrap a child’s head.
- Cover door knobs — Use door knob covers and locks to prevent children from going outside unattended and getting into other places with hazards.
- Install screens — Cover your fireplace with locking screens and install window guards and safety netting for balconies, decks and landings.
- Barricade access to pools — Install a pool gate and use protective barriers and covers for pools, spas, fountains and ponds.
- Cap corners — Cover edges and corners of counters, furniture and hearths with foam or thick fabric.
- Anchor down — Secure bookshelves, televisions and heavy furniture to walls with brackets and anchors.
There are many tips and products to keep your kids safe. Check out this website for more ideas: http://www.asecurelife.com/baby-proofing-house/#checklist
If you’re looking for a new home to accommodate a growing family, give me a call today!