Use this first tuesday FARM Letter in your marketing. To request a FARM letter topic, or to see a list of all our FARM letter templates, visit our FARM Letter page.
Helping friends and relatives move is one of life’s many joys. Make it a breeze with these tips!
- Shop moving companies at least a month before you move.
- Sort your belongings into three categories:
1. Things to be tossed, recycled or given away;
2. Things to be packed ahead of time; and
3. Things to keep handy until moving day.
- Arrange childcare and/or petcare for moving day.
- Wear light, close-fitting clothing to avoid getting snagged on obstacles.
- Wear comfortable, closed-toed shoes – exposed feet are prone to injury.
- Drink plenty of water, and avoid sugary drinks that speed dehydration.
- Take lots of breaks! Stop for water and a snack in the shade every hour or so.
Protect your belongings
- Take heat-sensitive electronics, house plants, pets, candles and medicines with you in an air-conditioned car.
- Pack and load basic kitchen and bathroom items last. Label theses boxes “Open First.”
- If you hire movers, offer them cold water and provide somewhere for them to take periodic breaks.
Thinking of a move yourself? Call me to talk about listing your property and finding a new one!