A recent report suggests home flipping may be gaining traction again in the Golden State.Read More
Author: Sarah Kolvas
Before applying for a California Bureau of Real Estate (CalBRE) salesperson license, be sure you’re eligible under CalBRE’s guidelines. If you’re already licensed, send this to friends or family who want to become licensed. To obtain a California Bureau of Real Estate (CalBRE) salesperson license, an applicant needs to meet requirements regarding: age; criminal activity disclosure; pre-licensing education; and the state examination. Minimum requirements The minimum age for CalBRE license applicants is 18. Out-of-state applicants may qualify for a CalBRE salesperson license. Out-of-state applicants are to follow the same licensing requirements as California residents. However, in addition to standard...Read More
Is a city required to prove its affordable housing fees are reasonably related to public costs caused by a proposed development?
616 Croft Ave. v. City of West Hollywood Facts: A residential developer applies to the city for permits to demolish existing single family residences (SFRs) and construct a condominium project. The project is subject to the local inclusionary housing ordinance requiring developers to either sell or rent a portion of their units at specified below-market rates or pay “in-lieu” fees to fund construction of a proportionate number of affordable units. The developer elects to pay the in-lieu fees “under protest” and the city approves their permit application. Claim: The developer seeks a refund for the in-lieu fees, claiming the...Read More
Most Popular This Week
- High prices hold back California home sales volume 2,777 views
- California tiered home pricing 998 views
- Inflation’s impact on 2017’s housing market [charts] 882 views
- San Diego housing indicators 844 views
- Golden state population trends 816 views
- High-tier home inventory surplus spells trouble 397 views
Check out our poll from last week here.
- kenneth I sent my father to the va we live in.a section 8 unit im trying to leave whats the process ? – Evicting Section 8 tenants
- Jason !) Jon Loren, what you point to is way under the radar of the common agent. What you point to, however, is a profound business... – POLL: Do you believe CAR provides valuable services for your annual dues?
- Luke daniel Great article and well worth reading. Explains basic economy theory in practice. – Inflation’s impact on 2017’s housing market [charts]
- Wayne snyder Do you have a local advisory form (South Lake Tahoe) used in in conjunction with a purchase contract? If not do you know how to... – RPI (Realty Publications, Inc.) Forms Download
- Jon Loren YOU " SOLD " OUT BROKERS & 10 Times Their Paperwork Load _> Grifted the Escrow Title business a = " FREE Ride And are... – POLL: Do you believe CAR provides valuable services for your annual dues?
- Michael Klein Not sure that is accurate. If history continues, the "7 year" mark seems to indicate top and bottom of the market. You can see it... – California tiered home pricing
- wesley mcnatt Creative comments . I learned a lot from the details . Does anyone know where my business could grab a blank CA LIC 215 version... – Sales agent license renewals on the uptick
- colleen mclean can the "MLS Broker Only" please get in touch with me thank you – Real(i)ty check: MLS access for non-CAR members
- Realty Management Associates A very nice article for prospective real estate developers.Thanks for sharing. – How California's global economic standing impacts real estate
[M]ost people join CAR in order to obtain the forms, not for the other services. And if there were any viable choices for agents, CAR would immediately suffer as much as a 40% to 50% loss in membership. […] CAR owns the “for profit” company that produces their software, with top officers in CAR sitting in top management spots in ZipLogix. This is the living, breathing definition of a conflict of interest. […] On their website they parade their forms software as “free” when cost of their forms software for non-members as a percentage of their actual membership cost speaks for itself.
Get real estate news straight to your email.