Use this first tuesday FARM Letter in your marketing. To request a FARM letter topic, or to see a list of all our FARM letter templates, visit our FARM Letter page.
Bacon cheddar deviled eggs
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tbs finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tbs mustard
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs sit in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water and cool.
- Cook bacon in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Crumble and set aside.
- Peel the shells off the eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a small bowl. Mash yolks with mayonnaise, crumbled bacon and cheese. Stir in mustard. Spoon yolk mixture into egg white halves and refrigerate until ready to serve.
5 unbelievably simple DIY home fixes
Are you thinking about selling but worried about the time and expense of preparing your house to showcase? Use these five brilliant do-it-yourself home repair tricks to shorten that list before the countdown is over.
- Stop a toilet from running
To prevent snags — and save water — unhook the flapper chain from the plunger arm and slide a plastic drinking straw over the chain. Cut it to size if necessary and reattach, and you’ll never hear that tank running again.
- Remove carpet dents left by furniture
Dampen furniture dents with a wet rag, apply heat with a blow dryer and coax the fibers back into place using the lip of a spoon. Let dry and repeat as necessary until those divots are gone.
- Keep that cupboard door closed
With a little more work, this one makes a huge difference: pick up a magnetic cupboard latch. Use a power drill to screw the magnet to the edge of the cupboard opening and the plate to the matching corner of the cupboard door.
- Get your showerhead running like new
Tame those wild or weak streams from the showerhead with white vinegar and water. Mix equal parts in a large plastic freezer bag and attach it to the shower pipe with a sturdy rubber band. Remove and check the flow every 20 minutes. You don’t even have to remove the head!
- Breathe new life into old wood
Pick up a package of wood stain markers in assorted shades and transform your door jambs, baseboards, bannisters, furniture and more. Start a shade lighter and go darker if needed and watch scratches and scrapes vanish.
Looking to spiff up your home to sell in the new year? Call me!