California is a huge market with a lot of competition for attention, especially when it comes to real estate. Writing an ad that grabs attention is the key to selling a property quickly. Here are six tips for writing an attention-grabbing real estate ad that will get a property sold fast.
1. Pick a unique headline
Your ad will be one of thousands of listings posted online, so you need to make it stand out. The best way to gain attention is with an interesting headline. Consider adding humor to your title, or something that will cause someone to do a double take. Write your title so that your ad is not like the others but catches the eye with something unique. Of course, it’s not necessary to lie or be extremely annoying, but to create a title that is interesting enough for someone to click on to learn more about your listing.
2. Write a compelling and interesting ad
How you write your ad, the way you phrase things and the words you choose affect how buyers respond. For example, there is a big difference between simply listing elements of the property being sold, and using a bit of creativity to describe how the buyer can enjoy the property. It’s the difference between “attached garage with finished breezeway,” and “the 2 stall, spacious garage will give you lots of room to work with.” The second example allows buyers to imagine themselves in that garage and what they can do with the space. Use descriptive words that actually make your property sound appealing and functional.
3. Visuals matter
Include several high quality visuals. Consider making a video or two that highlight key features of the property. Buyers want to see the inside of a house before they bother booking a showing. You can provide quick virtual mini tours that make your ad more interesting and appealing, while also making interested buyers more likely to visit the property.
4. Avoid hype
Be careful not to cross the line into overselling or hyping the property. While you want to convince prospective buyers to check things out, you don’t want to mislead them. Your ad needs to accurately represent the property, not trick buyers into viewing it. You do not want buyers to feel like you have lied to them when they view an over-hyped property.
5. Keep it quick and get to the point
Make your ad brief and to the point. Always lead with your most attractive or interesting selling point. Use bold font to emphasize important points, but don’t overdo it. Resist the temptation to write a lengthy description since viewers will lose interest. Choose your words carefully to create a compelling, short description.
6. Use online tools to write the perfect real estate ad
Clarity is important when trying to sell a property, so write clearly and concisely. Writing doesn’t come easily to everyone, so don’t be afraid to get some help from the professionals. Here are some useful resources to get you started:
- State of Writing and Studydemic: These are helpful grammar resources you can use to check your ad for grammatical errors.
- Assignment Help and Academized: These are editing tools, recommended in Academized review, you can use to make sure your ad does not contain any errors or typos.
- Via Writing and Lets Go and Learn: Check out these writing guides for ideas and suggestions about how to enhance your real estate ad. Even an experienced writer can benefit from extra guidance.
- Boomessays and Essayroo: These are online proofreading tools, suggested by SimpleGrad, you can use to ensure your ad is polished and error-free.
- Writing Populist and My Writing Way: Check out these writing blogs for useful tips and advice on how to improve your ad. You’ll find posts from people who have successfully written real estate ads.
There are a multitude of properties for sale in California at any given time, so buyers have a lot of choice. You need to make your listing stand out in the crowded market place. With our tips in mind, you can write an attention-grabbing real estate ad that helps you close the sale faster.