About The Author
is Market Watch editor and project editor of the Real Estate Economics and Economic Trends in California Real Estate books.
August 13, 2010
February 12, 2013
September 20, 2012
April 4, 2006
Most Popular This Week
- Has Redfin gone too far with its “buy it” button? 688 views
- Show renters how homeownership can save with the GRM 559 views
- California home sales volume lays low 387 views
- Orange County housing indicators 300 views
- Using the yield spread to forecast recessions and recoveries 279 views
- Purchase agreement cancellation – termination of right to buy or sell 235 views
Check out our previous polls here.
- Jay Ah thank you again Ms Reyes. Your interesting observations over Redfin and the market. We all know Redfin is not alone. There are other companies... – Has Redfin gone too far with its “buy it” button?
- Jessica Hola Geovana, soy un agente inmobiliario en Louisiana. Yo trabajo con un banco que te puede ayudar. – ITIN mortgages for homebuyers without social security numbers
- George West I once knew a buyer that just wanted to tie up the property with a sale contract, then twist the seller's arm later. He would... – Selling to an investor versus an owner-occupant buyer
- DAVID BLAKE Seller beware: Many "cash buyers" play the purchase offer game. "Just get them in contract" game. There's not am earnest buyer. The "proof of funds"... – Selling to an investor versus an owner-occupant buyer
- Duke Ashwood Curious if the slow down in China is factored into these numbers. There are huge swaths of Irvine that are nearly 100% Chinese nationals purchasing... – Orange County housing indicators
- Gloria Working in San Diego, speaking to hundreds of people every year about real estate, I have met one person who didn’t care about profit over... – Zillow, Redfin test out full-service model
Zestimates are great conversation starters with sellers and buyers. Zillow has done more for our bottom line than NAR ever has or will. Don’t fight the current of the river, learn to run with it. Disruption is inevitable in any industry that is fragmented or inefficient. Granted, it does feel like armchair experts and platforms are plentiful in real estate these days, but when the tide rolls out we will see the value proposition of the truest professionals in this industry shine once again.
– Justin Bonney, on Zillow’s impact on the real estate industry
Get real estate news straight to your email.