The California state legislators have been busy writing new laws for the use of solar panels, but before we all get too carried away with this energy wunderkind, take a look at this article from the Los Angeles Times. If you’ve got some clients interested in environment-friendly housing, it would be a good idea to get informed about the various side-effects of current solar technology.
About The Author
is a licensed real estate agent and the first tuesday Journal editor. Giang worked in the mortgage industry before joining the first tuesday staff. She is lead editor for the Legal Aspects of Real Estate, Tax Benefits of Ownership and NMLS Mortgage Loan Origination courses.
November 28, 2016
July 6, 2010
January 13, 2015
Most Popular This Week
- Selling to an investor versus an owner-occupant buyer 875 views
- California lawmakers bulldoze promising housing bill 528 views
- California home sales volume lays low 375 views
- Using the yield spread to forecast recessions and recoveries 325 views
- Orange County housing indicators 291 views
- Mortgage lenders call for big changes at the CFPB 272 views
Check out our previous polls here.
- George West I once knew a buyer that just wanted to tie up the property with a sale contract, then twist the seller's arm later. He would... – Selling to an investor versus an owner-occupant buyer
- DAVID BLAKE Seller beware: Many "cash buyers" play the purchase offer game. "Just get them in contract" game. There's not am earnest buyer. The "proof of funds"... – Selling to an investor versus an owner-occupant buyer
- Duke Ashwood Curious if the slow down in China is factored into these numbers. There are huge swaths of Irvine that are nearly 100% Chinese nationals purchasing... – Orange County housing indicators
- Gloria Working in San Diego, speaking to hundreds of people every year about real estate, I have met one person who didn’t care about profit over... – Zillow, Redfin test out full-service model
- Dennis Nice article! – The CalBRE mortgage business activity report
- David rissi Thank you for the article on Redfin and Zillow. I just finished getting my California Real Estate License, CE 45 hour course and was wondering... – Zillow, Redfin test out full-service model
Zestimates are great conversation starters with sellers and buyers. Zillow has done more for our bottom line than NAR ever has or will. Don’t fight the current of the river, learn to run with it. Disruption is inevitable in any industry that is fragmented or inefficient. Granted, it does feel like armchair experts and platforms are plentiful in real estate these days, but when the tide rolls out we will see the value proposition of the truest professionals in this industry shine once again.
– Justin Bonney, on Zillow’s impact on the real estate industry
Get real estate news straight to your email.