Use this FREE first tuesday FARM letter copy in your marketing! Have a topic you’d like us to write about? Email email@example.com and let us know!
A few eye-catching improvements to your home’s exterior will make your home stand out.
Seasonal flowers and a fresh coat of paint can draw buyers to your property, while patchy grass and a cracked driveway can make buyers drive away without getting out of their car.
A few of the following tips will help you attract buyers instead of scaring them away.
- A power washer can make the outside of your home look brand new. Clean the siding, clear out the cobwebs on the ceiling of your porch, power wash fences and push the dirt off the driveway. Do not power wash your roof, as it can cause damage to shingles or tiles.
- Thoroughly clean water related features. Remove leaves, debris and algae from ponds, water fountains or birdbaths. Make sure to clean the water filter for clear water.
- Ensure your lawn sprinklers and any misters are in working order. If any sprinkler and emitter heads are malfunctioning or you noticed a dying patch of grass, have the system professionally repaired.
- Bring color to your yard with flowerbeds and mulch. Use contrasting colors to make the flowerbeds pop: light mulch, dark plants or dark mulch, light plants.
- When trees and shrubs get out of control, trim them into squares or spheres. You can do this easily with electronic hedge clippers. A landscaper’s tip for easier trimming: lay a sheet or tarp around the bush before you begin trimming so they can be easily picked up and thrown away.
- A new welcome mat will make your front porch more inviting.
- Don’t forget the backyard, especially if it can be viewed from the street.
A day working in the yard will make a huge difference in bringing buyers through the front door and, hopefully, to the bidding table.