Use this first tuesday FARM Letter in your marketing. To request a FARM letter topic, or to see a list of all our FARM letter templates, visit our FARM Letter page.
Earth Day is just around the corner — here are some tips for the upkeep of our shared home.
- Go paperless. Switching to paperless delivery can save up to 6 pounds of paper and 23 pounds of wood per household per year!
- Paint your roof white. In hot climates, painting your roof a sun-reflecting shade of white can cut your annual cooling bill by up to 30%! The less energy used to cool your home, the smaller your environmental footprint.
- Start a compost pile. Composting is like recycling, but better. To make a compost pile, layer organic material and dirt then mix the ingredients together every few weeks. The result is humus, a rich soil that will improve the overall look and condition of your property.
- Plant a vegetable garden. Turn your yard into a food source. What better way to appreciate the earth than growing and eating your own produce?
- Make your own cleaning solution. Instead of cleaning your home with toxic chemicals, create a cleaner that works just as well using only vinegar, water and baking soda.
- Stop using herbicides. Consider the negative effects of herbicides on beneficial pollinators like bees, butterflies and hummingbirds. A garden hoe and a nice pair of gloves work just as well.
- Talk about environmental protection. Volunteer locally and become part of a growing movement of people willing to do the work necessary to protect the planet.
If you’re interested in selling your property and finding a new piece of the planet to call home, please call me today!