We’ve added the 91-day T-Bill rate to our list of monthly rates reported. This rate determines the minimum interest rate a seller must report and impute in a delayed §1031 transaction when he is not receiving interest on §1031 monies held by a facilitator or accomodator. The rate also sets the amount of ordinary income the facilitator must report. You can find this, and all the other rates reported monthly, in our August edition of the first tuesday journal online.
About The Author
is a licensed real estate agent and the first tuesday Journal editor. Giang worked in the mortgage industry before joining the first tuesday staff. She is lead editor for the Legal Aspects of Real Estate, Tax Benefits of Ownership and NMLS Mortgage Loan Origination courses.
December 19, 2017
May 5, 2004
June 1, 2010
Most Popular This Week
- Has Redfin gone too far with its “buy it” button? 744 views
- Show renters how homeownership can save with the GRM 596 views
- California home sales volume lays low 367 views
- Orange County housing indicators 301 views
- Using the yield spread to forecast recessions and recoveries 279 views
- Purchase agreement cancellation – termination of right to buy or sell 242 views
Check out our previous polls here.
- Nancy mitchell It seems there is always someone who is trying to undercut licensed agents. How many 1 or 2 percent offices have gone by the wayside?... – Has Redfin gone too far with its “buy it” button?
- Jay Ah thank you again Ms Reyes. Your interesting observations over Redfin and the market. We all know Redfin is not alone. There are other companies... – Has Redfin gone too far with its “buy it” button?
- Jessica Hola Geovana, soy un agente inmobiliario en Louisiana. Yo trabajo con un banco que te puede ayudar. – ITIN mortgages for homebuyers without social security numbers
- George West I once knew a buyer that just wanted to tie up the property with a sale contract, then twist the seller's arm later. He would... – Selling to an investor versus an owner-occupant buyer
- DAVID BLAKE Seller beware: Many "cash buyers" play the purchase offer game. "Just get them in contract" game. There's not am earnest buyer. The "proof of funds"... – Selling to an investor versus an owner-occupant buyer
- Duke Ashwood Curious if the slow down in China is factored into these numbers. There are huge swaths of Irvine that are nearly 100% Chinese nationals purchasing... – Orange County housing indicators
Zestimates are great conversation starters with sellers and buyers. Zillow has done more for our bottom line than NAR ever has or will. Don’t fight the current of the river, learn to run with it. Disruption is inevitable in any industry that is fragmented or inefficient. Granted, it does feel like armchair experts and platforms are plentiful in real estate these days, but when the tide rolls out we will see the value proposition of the truest professionals in this industry shine once again.
– Justin Bonney, on Zillow’s impact on the real estate industry
Get real estate news straight to your email.