Twenty four people were charged with conspiracy, racketeering, bank and wire fraud, and money laundering in relation to a “straw buyer” mortgage fraud scheme masterminded by a documented gang member.
Several licensed real estate professionals were involved, including:
• Stanley Gentry of San Diego, real estate broker;
• Billie Bishop of La Mesa, escrow officer;
• Diana Jaime of Chula Vista, public notary;
• Jorge Cortez of Chula Vista, real estate sales person; and
• Esteban Valenzuela of Sun City, real estate appraiser.
Tax preparers and various employees of Ivy House, Inc., the Real Estate Center of Southern California, and the Real Estate Center of La Mesa were also involved.
For the entire list of defendants and the charges against them, click here for the official Department of Justice Press Release.
Re: “Gang member accused of leading mortgage fraud scheme” from The Los Angeles Times