This article sets out the benefits of the §1031 profit tax exemption, and discusses how a broker coordinates exchanges comprised of buyers and sellers with differing §1031 motivations. The tax-exempt sale and reinvestment...Read More
Author: ft Editorial Staff
A look at the effects the American Jobs Creation Act of 2004 has on real estate. Tenant leashold improvements Under the American Jobs Creation Act of 2004, qualified leasehold improvement property placed in service after the...Read More
This article discusses the parties to a trust deed and the nature of a trust deed as a lien, not a trust. The purpose for the lien Financing, in its most basic form, involves the borrower signing and delivering a promissory note...Read More
This article discusses the possessory differences between a landlord/tenant relationship, an easement and a license to use land. Personal right to use property A license, as well as an easement and a lease, is a right to use...Read More
This article explains the legal deficiencies of using a grant deed to hold title to property given to secure the repayment of money. Risks of alternative security devices A parcel of real estate is encumbered by a trust deed...Read More
Most Popular This Week
- San Diego housing indicators 270 views
- California home sales volume lays low 263 views
- Orange County housing indicators 254 views
- Purchase agreement cancellation – termination of right to buy or sell 250 views
- Los Angeles housing indicators 193 views
- Using the yield spread to forecast recessions and recoveries 189 views
- L.a. wALSH Currently, most lending institutions that are looking for the value-add from an ADU, are only allowing additional value to be given for these by using... – Much ADU about accessory dwelling units
- Darryl "...with 77% falling within 5% of asking price". Homeowners need to learn that selling their home 5% (or more) below asking price will negatively affect... – Has Redfin gone too far with its “buy it” button?
- Nancy mitchell It seems there is always someone who is trying to undercut licensed agents. How many 1 or 2 percent offices have gone by the wayside?... – Has Redfin gone too far with its “buy it” button?
- Jay Ah thank you again Ms Reyes. Your interesting observations over Redfin and the market. We all know Redfin is not alone. There are other companies... – Has Redfin gone too far with its “buy it” button?
- Jessica Hola Geovana, soy un agente inmobiliario en Louisiana. Yo trabajo con un banco que te puede ayudar. – ITIN mortgages for homebuyers without social security numbers
- George West I once knew a buyer that just wanted to tie up the property with a sale contract, then twist the seller's arm later. He would... – Selling to an investor versus an owner-occupant buyer
Get real estate news straight to your email.