Use this first tuesday FARM Letter in your marketing. To request a FARM letter topic, or to see a list of all our FARM letter templates, visit our FARM Letter page.
Selling your home involves many tasks and timelines. Here are the basic processes to keep in mind during your sale.
Before listing your home
- Research professionals — Look for an agent who’s active in your neighborhood. Who’s sold a house in your neighborhood, left you marketing materials, come to your door or called you lately? Check out their online profile and credentials before calling.
- Interview agents — Set up at least three interviews a week or two before you want to list your home. During the interview, ask about current market conditions, recent sale prices in your area and their marketing plan.
- Work around school or employment — If you have school-age children, listing in the late winter or early spring months gives you a better chance of closing escrow and moving before school starts. If a job is prompting you to move, coordinate your sale with your relocation and determine if you will be buying or renting in your new community.
After you’ve hired your agent
- Ask questions — Ask your agent what to expect during the sales transaction, and always ask for buyer feedback on what will make your house more marketable.
- List on a Monday or Tuesday — Listing early in the week builds momentum and allows for a strong open house for the weekend.
- Prepare your home — Hire a home inspector and make necessary repairs.
- Rent a storage unit — If you still occupy your home, clear clutter and store away household items you don’t need. Decluttered homes show better.
While it’s on the market
- Keep a cleaning service handy — Hire a professional cleaning service to come in while your house is on the market.
- Discuss sales strategies with your agent — If your home is listed for more than six weeks without an offer, reconsider price or improvements that will enhance your home.
- Be prepared — The housing market may change. Be flexible and open to changes. This will help you sell quicker and eliminate home-selling stress.
Looking for an agent to help sell your home? I can help — call me!